A Balanced Diet Supports Long-Term Eye Health
You can do many things to support your eyes aside from regularly visiting your optometrist, such as eating a well-balanced diet full of eye-friendly nutrients and vitamins. Focusing on eating foods that bolster your eye health can help prevent certain eye conditions and diseases like cataracts and age-related macular degeneration.
Vitamins & Nutrients for Happy Eyes
Try to choose fruits, vegetables, and foods high in vitamins A, C, and E, and foods that contain fatty acids, omega-3s, and essential minerals like zinc and lutein. Some of these foods include:
- Red fruits like tomatoes, strawberries, and cranberries
- Orange vegetables like carrots, bell peppers, and sweet potatoes
- Yellow fruits and vegetables like lemons, squash, and corn
- Green vegetables like spinach, kale, and broccoli
- Coldwater fish like salmon and tuna
- Meat and dairy products like turkey, cheese, yogurt, and milk
- Nuts like almonds, walnuts, pistachios, and cashews
- Legumes like peas, lentils, and beans
Supplements Support Your Eyesight
We understand it’s sometimes difficult to ensure you’re getting enough eye-friendly nutrients in your regular diet. Fortunately, some supplements contain blends of vitamins, minerals, and nutrients specifically for your eye health.
If you’re considering trying supplements, our well-informed eye care team can answer your questions and provide comprehensive advice on what types of supplements are available and which ones will best support your unique eyes.
Please reach out to us any time to book an appointment or ask us a question. We’re always happy to help.
Come Visit Us
Our practice is located on the corner of Grand Avenue East and Woodland Avenue. We have a large parking lot off Woodland Avenue with accessible parking and entrance.
- 412 Grand Avenue East
- Chatham, Ontario N7L 1X1
- Phone: 519-354-5870
- Email: [email protected]
Hours of Operation
- Monday: 8:30 AM – 5:30 PM
- Tuesday: 8:30 AM – 5:30 PM
- Wednesday: 8:30 AM – 5:30 PM
- Thursday: 8:30 AM – 5:30 PM
- Friday: 8:30 AM – 5:30 PM
- Saturday: Closed
- Sunday: Closed